Didi Hirsch is seeking a mission driven, bilingual speaking therapist to work within our Adult Outpatient program at our Glendale, CA location.
- Provides crisis intervention and facilitates conflict resolution.
- Provides intensive, short or long-term individual and /or group therapy.
- Performs intake assessments by phone and/or in-person, client evaluations, and provides diagnoses.
- Formulates a plan of treatment which promotes development and maintenance of individual goals designed to facilitate individual growth, improve social interaction.
- Assesses and monitors condition of client to evaluate success of treatment and adapts interventions as needed.
- Provides case management to include referral and links to community support services, psychiatrist, medical care, housing, rehabilitation & drug/alcohol services and social activity groups.
- Interfaces and collaborates with clinic psychiatrist regarding client treatment planning.
- Monitors and maintains documentation of client services, ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, DMH contract and other related agencies standards and guidelines.Required Qualifications
- Must be currently registered with the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as MFTI or an ASW.
- Must be able to provide clinical services fluently in both English/Armenian or English/Spanish (read, write, speak)
- Must at least 2 years of substance abuse experience or certification as a substance abuse counselor.
- One to two years’ experience working with individuals with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse in asocial service/mental health environment.
- Knowledge of conducting intensive therapy and case management.
- Ability to utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience using MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Current CA license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance.
- Must be able to do field work and available to work evenings occasionally.Additional Qualifications
- A working knowledge of conducting individual therapy sessions for individuals with a history of mental illness and/or substance abuse.
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practices, Co-Occurring Disorders and/or the Recovery Model of treatment.
- Knowledge of therapeutic intervention, and assessment & intake.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention, documentation, psychiatric intern supervision, and multicultural and socio-economic issues.
- Experience working with DMH paperwork experience is highly desired.
- The ability to support the values and mission of Didi Hirsch as related to employment.
- Strong working knowledge of crisis intervention and individual therapy, documentation, exposure to psychiatric intern supervision, and multicultural and socio-economic issues.
For more information or to apply, please visit www.didihirsch.org/careers.
Didi Hirsch is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.