Come visit us at our booth!
Also, join our very own Social Committee Chair Armineh Gourgian as she presents on The Impact of Immigration!
The 8th Annual Glendale Health Festival will take place on November 4th, 2017, from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm @ the Pacific Edison Community Center located at 501 S. Pacific Ave, Glendale.
This festival is a free event and is open to the entire community.
The Glendale Health Festival is organized much like a visit to your doctor’s office. You start at the triage area; volunteers take pertinent information from Attendees and make recommendations about available health screenings and services.
Attendees will have blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar measurements taken and then sit down with a licensed physician who will make individualized recommendations. If there are specialty questions, an army of specialty physicians, such as Cardiologists, Neurologists, Podiatrists, etc., will be on-site to make recommendations.
- Licensed eye care specialists will be on-site to perform eye screenings and indicated dilated eye exams.
- Attendees can visit our dental screening area for an evaluation and consultation with licensed dentists.
- Breast cancer and cervical cancer screenings will also be offered to appropriate patients.
- CPR training will be offered by certified educators as well as flu shots will be administered on-site.
- In addition, education for the whole family will be available on conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, proper nutrition, heart disease, cancer awareness, and more.
- The festival will have activities for kids and families
- Will provide healthy lunches, including chicken, rice, vegetables, fruit and bottled water all free of charge.
- Ample, free on-site Parking.
- You will have direct access to thousands of community members who will be attending the Glendale Health festival.
Click here for more information on our community/outreach efforts and involvement.